5 reasons to get on board with The Depot Townhomes
May 4, 2017 | In In the Press
The Depot Townhomes are coming to Downtown Round Rock and we couldn’t be more excited! Eighty-two townhomes are planned for the old Gypsum Builders Supply property at South Burnet Street and East Bagdad Avenue.
With all of the great shopping, eating, and nightlife options in Downtown, it’s no surprise folks would want to live in the center of all of the fun. As David Foor, VP of Land Acquisition for the developer InTown Homes, says, “The biggest problem we have had with our other projects is to get retail and other businesses behind us for a mixed-use neighborhood. But Round Rock already had all those retail, restaurants and bars already there.”
Here are five noteworthy facts about this exciting new development:
- You could live and work in the heart of downtown. Some units will have ground level space available for businesses with living space on the upper floors. You’d have the best commute in central Texas!
- McNeil Road will be realigned in conjunction with the project. Upcoming City roadwork will vacate the Bagdad Avenue underpass at Mays Street, realign McNeil Road and extend it under Mays Street, and extend East Bagdad Avenue east all the way to Georgetown Street. East Bagdad Avenue will also be modified. (Site layout below)
- Front row seats to Downtown events. Downtown has some of the best, free (!), events around and if you lived down here, you’d always be a front row joe. Think July 4th parade, Music on Main, Christmas Family Night and so many more!
- Did you know that this site used to house one of the leading distributors of construction materials in Texas? Builders Gypsum Supply has since moved to a location that better suits them within Round Rock, making way for The Depot.
- Access to parks. The Depot residents will be able to access three parks within a mile radius. Memorial, Veterans, and Lake Creek Parks are all easily accessible for a run on the trail or some playtime on the swings.