Eight downtown locations make list of top summer activities in Round Rock
June 22, 2018 | In Events
Whether the forecast calls for high temps or rainy days, we have you covered with the top ten (plus three!) things to do this summer in Round Rock.
- Walk along Brushy Creek’s shaded path in Memorial Park and follow the trail to view our famous rock.
- Join in on free, fun activities and reading challenges for all ages with Round Rock Public Library’s Summer Reading Program, or learn a new skill by attending a class or workshop.
- Listen to live music on Round Rock’s first downtown rooftop lounge at Urban.
- Watch nearly a half-million Mexican free-tailed bats take flight at dusk from the McNeil bridge along I-35. Free parking in the NAPA Auto Parts parking lot, 601 S. I-35.
- Bring the kids to the Play for All Park to experience the newest features, including all-new playground equipment, a zip line and a “speedway” for bikes and scooters.
- Encounter Shakespeare under the stars during the final week of Summer Theater in the Park.
- Splash around in one of Rock’N River Water Park’s newest attractions. Twilight admission is half off from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Take yourself out to the ballgame and watch Round Rock’s favorite home team, the Express. Don’t miss upcoming promotions such as Stranger Things Night, Friday Fireworks and Superhero Night.
- Experience Latin vibes with free salsa classes at Rockey’s Piano Bar, every Sunday at 7:30 p.m. through July 30.
- Adults age 50 and over can explore various locations within a three-hour radius by taking a day trip with the Allen R. Baca Center.
- Get your om on in Downtown Round Rock with a free, beginner-friendly yoga class presented by The Yoga Room. Dates are Aug. 11 and Sept. 8.
- While you’re on Main Street, cool off and splash around in the Prete Plaza Fountain.
- Compete in a co-ed kickball league. Learn more about leagues for all ages at roundrockrecreation.com.