Chalk Walk Arts Festival returns to Downtown Oct. 5-6
October 4, 2018 | In In the Press
Downtown is the place to be Oct. 5 and 6! The 9th annual Chalk Walk Arts Festival
will return to Centennial Plaza this weekend with plenty of art, music and food for the whole family. Hundreds of artists will create incredible chalk murals covering the streets surrounding the plaza. The festival takes place from 5 to 9:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5 and 9 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6.
Festival admission is free. Festival highlights
- 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5 – South Austin Moonlighters concert
- 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6 – Vallejo concert
- 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5 – High School culinary arts showcase
- Community music, theater and dance performances
- Vendor fair featuring artists and craft vendors
Free shuttle service will be provided on Saturday only. The shuttles will run from Dell Diamond’s west parking lot every 30 minutes and will include one wheelchair accessible shuttle. The first shuttle will leave Dell Diamond at 10 a.m. and the final shuttle will leave Centennial Plaza at 6 p.m.